Our Quality Assurance process entails many grading factors.
- We check for Metal particles that could be included in the raw materials we receive from suppliers with a metal detector and we put aside material that triggers an alert on the metal detector.
- Rigorous Lab Testing for Microbiologicals & Heavy Metals, we have some of the highest standards in the kratom industry for lab testing and discarded over 2 toms of kratom products from Summer 2018 to Summer 2019 of kratom that failed our high standards (exceded USP contaminant limits)
- Approval of the batch quality by existing customers through our group testing program
- Before we even receive products for our website, we look into the history of the supplier we are working with. We check for negative feedback about them and ask for them to provide labs, accreditations, & references so that we may inquire with other wholesale buyers as to the quality of their product and if they have had any problems
- Samples are then lab tested and sent out to select customers who are participating in our group testing program and provide us feedback on whether the batch is up to standards in their subjective opinion.
Our quality assurance program and quality control scoring system are not perfect, but they allow us to weed out products that exceed contaminant limit standards and those that our existing customer base feels are inferior. This allows us to maintain a stock of products that our customers value.
The Quality Control Scoring system is the main way which we test new products we receive. After we receive a product and it is lab tested, visually inspected, and then sent out to groups of customers who give us their feedback on a grading scale. The feedback can be based on any number of things; freshness, particle size, smell, moisture content, etc. But, in the end the evaluator chooses what factors they base their Quality grade on.
This feedback is extremely subjective, but aggregated, this data allows us to paint a picture of whether our customer base will like the product or not. Products that are given low scores are discarded or discounted on the Herbaldom.com website, and products that pass are made available on the website. Lots of product coming out of Indonesia doesn’t pass, so this is a very expensive and time consuming process.